"kamctl restart" fails

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

"kamctl restart" fails

Yu Boot
# kamctl restart

INFO: Stopping Kamailio :
INFO: stopped

INFO: Starting Kamailio :
  2292 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/egrep kamailio
-rw-r--r--. 1 kamailio kamailio 5 Aug  8 11:15 /var/run/kamailio.pid
INFO: PID file exists (/var/run/kamailio.pid)! Kamailio already running?


"service kamailio restart" works fine. What's wrong?

Centos 6.9 x64, Kamailio 4.3 installed from official repo.


_______________________________________________
Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
[hidden email]
https://lists.kamailio.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: "kamctl restart" fails

David Villasmil
You need to configure kamctlrc properly, it probably doesn't know where the pid file is.
On Tue, Aug 8, 2017 at 10:22 AM Yu Boot <[hidden email]> wrote:
# kamctl restart

INFO: Stopping Kamailio :
INFO: stopped

INFO: Starting Kamailio :
  2292 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/egrep kamailio
-rw-r--r--. 1 kamailio kamailio 5 Aug  8 11:15 /var/run/kamailio.pid
INFO: PID file exists (/var/run/kamailio.pid)! Kamailio already running?


"service kamailio restart" works fine. What's wrong?

Centos 6.9 x64, Kamailio 4.3 installed from official repo.


_______________________________________________
Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
[hidden email]
https://lists.kamailio.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users

_______________________________________________
Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
[hidden email]
https://lists.kamailio.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: [ *SPAM* 2.2 ] Re: "kamctl restart" fails

Yu Boot
# grep PID /etc/kamailio/kamctlrc
## PID file path - default is: /var/run/kamailio.pid
PID_FILE=/var/run/kamailio.pid

I've stopped Kami entirely, deleted that .pid. Now:

# kamctl restart

INFO: Stopping Kamailio :
INFO: stopped

INFO: Starting Kamailio :
  3069 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/egrep kamailio
-rw-r--r--. 1 kamailio kamailio 5 Aug  9 11:13 /var/run/kamailio.pid
INFO: PID file exists (/var/run/kamailio.pid)! Kamailio already running?


08.08.2017 12:30, David Villasmil пишет:
> You need to configure kamctlrc properly, it probably doesn't know
> where the pid file is.
>
> _______________________________________________
> Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.kamailio.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users


_______________________________________________
Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
[hidden email]
https://lists.kamailio.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: "kamctl restart" fails

Daniel-Constantin Mierla-6
If you are going to send again emails with SPAM in the subject, you will
be blocked.

I wrote you already once about it, so again: this increases the risk of
lists.kamailio.org email server to be blocked/black-listed by others --
think that your email is dispatched by lists.kamailio.org to thousands
of users subscribed to the mailing list. It is not that hard to sanitize
your subject before sending out the email.

Cheers,
Daniel


On 09.08.17 10:19, Yu Boot wrote:

> # grep PID /etc/kamailio/kamctlrc
> ## PID file path - default is: /var/run/kamailio.pid
> PID_FILE=/var/run/kamailio.pid
>
> I've stopped Kami entirely, deleted that .pid. Now:
>
> # kamctl restart
>
> INFO: Stopping Kamailio :
> INFO: stopped
>
> INFO: Starting Kamailio :
>  3069 pts/0    S+     0:00 /bin/egrep kamailio
> -rw-r--r--. 1 kamailio kamailio 5 Aug  9 11:13 /var/run/kamailio.pid
> INFO: PID file exists (/var/run/kamailio.pid)! Kamailio already running?
>
>
> 08.08.2017 12:30, David Villasmil пишет:
>> You need to configure kamctlrc properly, it probably doesn't know
>> where the pid file is.
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
>> [hidden email]
>> https://lists.kamailio.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.kamailio.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla
www.twitter.com/miconda -- www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
Kamailio Advanced Training - www.asipto.com
Kamailio World Conference - www.kamailioworld.com


_______________________________________________
Kamailio (SER) - Users Mailing List
[hidden email]
https://lists.kamailio.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sr-users
Loading...