best practice to re-install rtpengine after jessie to stretch upgrade?

best practice to re-install rtpengine after jessie to stretch upgrade?

Juha Heinanen
I made a test upgrade from Debian Jessie to Stretch while rtpengine
5.1.1 was running on Jessie.  What is the best practice to get
xt_RTPENGINE module installed in the new Stretch linux kernel, since it
does not happen automatically.

Should I reinstall rtpengine* packages or is there some better way?

-- Juha

Re: best practice to re-install rtpengine after jessie to stretch upgrade?

Daniel Tryba-2
On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 09:33:29AM +0300, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> I made a test upgrade from Debian Jessie to Stretch while rtpengine
> 5.1.1 was running on Jessie.  What is the best practice to get
> xt_RTPENGINE module installed in the new Stretch linux kernel, since it
> does not happen automatically.
>
> Should I reinstall rtpengine* packages or is there some better way?

Running 5.0.x on Stretch a collegue fixed this by:
* adding SYSTEMCTL_SKIP_REDIRECT=yes to
  /etc/default/ngcp-rtpengine-daemon to just use the
  supplied init.d script
* adding the -w flag to iptables to avoid concurrency problems
  at boot time

Re: best practice to re-install rtpengine after jessie to stretch upgrade?

Richard Fuchs
On 15/06/17 02:33 AM, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> I made a test upgrade from Debian Jessie to Stretch while rtpengine
> 5.1.1 was running on Jessie.  What is the best practice to get
> xt_RTPENGINE module installed in the new Stretch linux kernel, since it
> does not happen automatically.
>
> Should I reinstall rtpengine* packages or is there some better way?
If using the dkms package, just run:

[sudo] dpkg-reconfigure ngcp-rtpengine-kernel-dkms

Cheers

Richard Fuchs writes:

> [sudo] dpkg-reconfigure ngcp-rtpengine-kernel-dkms

That did it, thanks, Juha