SUBSCRIBE within

Annus Fictus
Hello,

I'm using Kamailio in a Multi Domain setting.

I have a problem with SUBSCRIBE within a Dialog

With the first subscribe no problem:

SUBSCRIBE -> 407 Proxy Auth -> SUBSCRIBE -> 200 OK

In the 200 OK the Contact header contain the Kamailio IP so when the
Softphone send another SUBSCRIBE within the dialog (at the IP present on
the contact header) Kamailio answer whit a 404 Not Here because I use
these lines:

if (is_method("SUBSCRIBE") && is_uri_host_local()) {
               # in-dialog subscribe requests
                 route(PRESENCE);
                 exit;
         }

So, as the softphone send the new SUBSCRIBE to Kamailio IP and not the
Kamailio domain, Kamailio not use this block but:

         sl_send_reply("404","Not here");
         exit;
}

My question is: Why Kamailio in the Contact Header  of 200 OK of
SUBSCRIBE use the public IP and not the domain?

Regards

Re: SUBSCRIBE within

Daniel-Constantin Mierla-6
Hello,

On 12.06.17 17:05, Annus Fictus wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm using Kamailio in a Multi Domain setting.
>
> I have a problem with SUBSCRIBE within a Dialog
>
> With the first subscribe no problem:
>
> SUBSCRIBE -> 407 Proxy Auth -> SUBSCRIBE -> 200 OK
>
> In the 200 OK the Contact header contain the Kamailio IP so when the
> Softphone send another SUBSCRIBE within the dialog (at the IP present
> on the contact header) Kamailio answer whit a 404 Not Here because I
> use these lines:
>
> if (is_method("SUBSCRIBE") && is_uri_host_local()) {
>               # in-dialog subscribe requests
>                 route(PRESENCE);
>                 exit;
>         }
>
> So, as the softphone send the new SUBSCRIBE to Kamailio IP and not the
> Kamailio domain, Kamailio not use this block but:
>
>         sl_send_reply("404","Not here");
>         exit;
> }
>
> My question is: Why Kamailio in the Contact Header  of 200 OK of
> SUBSCRIBE use the public IP and not the domain?

a dialog is typically established between two endpoints, which are
better identified by an IP address, behind a domain can be many ip
addresses, which can result on requests within dialog being routed to a
different server. If you have only one, set the server_address parameter
to presence module to what you want:

  -
https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/presence.html#presence.p.server_address

You can also change the condition so it uses (uri==myself ||
is_uri_host_local()).

Cheers,
Daniel

--