SUBSCRIBE not work with public ip kamailio

SUBSCRIBE not work with public ip kamailio

Nguyen Tran Nhan
Hello,
I am using Kamailio with SEMS and rtpproxy for public ip address. I got issue that SUBSCRIBE message does not work. SUBSCRIBE works well with private ip address. Anyone face with this issue?

Thanks,
Nhan

Re: SUBSCRIBE not work with public ip kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla-6
Hello,

On 16.06.17 04:35, Nguyen Tran Nhan wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using Kamailio with SEMS and rtpproxy for public ip address. I
> got issue that SUBSCRIBE message does not work. SUBSCRIBE works well
> with private ip address. Anyone face with this issue?
what do you mean by "SUBSCRIBE message does not work"? Is not received
by Kamailio? Or is not routed as expected? Try to describe in more
details what it happens and what you expect to happen in order to be
able to help.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla

Re: SUBSCRIBE not work with public ip kamailio

Nguyen Tran Nhan
I figured out that when I add alias=mydomain.com than kamailio did not send notify when uac send public message. I comment out alias line in cfg file than it works.

Thanks,
Nhan

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

On 16.06.17 04:35, Nguyen Tran Nhan wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using Kamailio with SEMS and rtpproxy for public ip address. I
> got issue that SUBSCRIBE message does not work. SUBSCRIBE works well
> with private ip address. Anyone face with this issue?
what do you mean by "SUBSCRIBE message does not work"? Is not received
by Kamailio? Or is not routed as expected? Try to describe in more
details what it happens and what you expect to happen in order to be
able to help.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla

Re: SUBSCRIBE not work with public ip kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla-6

Which party/application sends the NOTIFY?

The alias is typically the sip domain, so there should be some misconfiguration in another place.

Daniel

On 04.07.17 13:34, Nguyen Tran Nhan wrote:
I figured out that when I add alias=mydomain.com than kamailio did not send notify when uac send public message. I comment out alias line in cfg file than it works.

Thanks,
Nhan

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

On 16.06.17 04:35, Nguyen Tran Nhan wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using Kamailio with SEMS and rtpproxy for public ip address. I
> got issue that SUBSCRIBE message does not work. SUBSCRIBE works well
> with private ip address. Anyone face with this issue?
what do you mean by "SUBSCRIBE message does not work"? Is not received
by Kamailio? Or is not routed as expected? Try to describe in more
details what it happens and what you expect to happen in order to be
able to help.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla

Daniel-Constantin Mierla

Re: SUBSCRIBE not work with public ip kamailio

Nguyen Tran Nhan
I used pjsip in client side to send NOTIFY when user change status (presence), another user already SUBSCRIBE to this user should receive NOTIFY message from kamailio but it did not. I still dont understand why comment out alias line effect to this issue. Any advise?

Thanks,
Nhan

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:52 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <[hidden email]> wrote:

Which party/application sends the NOTIFY?

The alias is typically the sip domain, so there should be some misconfiguration in another place.

Daniel

On 04.07.17 13:34, Nguyen Tran Nhan wrote:
I figured out that when I add alias=mydomain.com than kamailio did not send notify when uac send public message. I comment out alias line in cfg file than it works.

Thanks,
Nhan

On Tue, Jul 4, 2017 at 6:28 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

On 16.06.17 04:35, Nguyen Tran Nhan wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using Kamailio with SEMS and rtpproxy for public ip address. I
> got issue that SUBSCRIBE message does not work. SUBSCRIBE works well
> with private ip address. Anyone face with this issue?
what do you mean by "SUBSCRIBE message does not work"? Is not received
by Kamailio? Or is not routed as expected? Try to describe in more
details what it happens and what you expect to happen in order to be
able to help.

Cheers,
Daniel

--
Daniel-Constantin Mierla

Daniel-Constantin Mierla

Re: SUBSCRIBE not work with public ip kamailio

Daniel-Constantin Mierla-6

Hello,

are you using presence modules in kamailio to handle the SUBSCRIBE? Or you forward it to the other party and the NOTIFY should be end-to-end?

Can you capture with ngrep the SIP traffic on kamailio server for SUBSCRIBE and NOTIFY transactions? If yes, you can send it here and we can check if something is wrong with the routing headers.

Cheers,
Daniel