SIP over TLS

aawaise
Hello,
 I am running a kamailio server with SIPS over TLS. Now I have to connect an android based SIP client to server. The SIP client has no support for SIPS over TLS. But it can run SIP over TLS. First I want to know the difference between the two  ??
Secondly how can I make my server accept SIP connection over TLS ?
Thanks.

Cheers,
Owais

Re: SIP over TLS

Olle E. Johansson

On 05 May 2014, at 09:58, aawaise <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am running a kamailio server with SIPS over TLS. Now I have to connect an
> android based SIP client to server. The SIP client has no support for SIPS
> over TLS. But it can run SIP over TLS. First I want to know the difference
> between the two  ??

SIP over TLS is what you want to do. The SIPS: url scheme is mostly deprecated and
too complex for anyone to bother with. SIP over TLS use the SIP: uri scheme.

> Secondly how can I make my server accept SIP connection over TLS ?
You said that you where running "SIPS over TLS" in your kamailio today. It's no difference
from a kamailio point of view, really. Activate the TLS module, listen to port 5061 with TLS.

/O

> Thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Owais

Re: SIP over TLS

aawaise
I said this because my server is accepting connections with SIPS over TLS settings on client. But not accepting connections with SIP over TLS.

Re: SIP over TLS

aawaise
Sir, uri scheme acceptable to my server is SIPS. I want it to accept connection with uri scheme SIP. For that what changing is required in kamailio server ?