Multiple FreeSWITCH servers behind kamailio-websocket

Multiple FreeSWITCH servers behind kamailio-websocket

Karsten Horsmann
Hello List,

is there any howto about webrtc loadbalance in combination with kamailio and FreeSWITCH?

I want to share one WSS address/endpoint to multiple FreeSWITCH backends.
Or is there any other best practice?

My callflow is mostly that my internal SIP Servers called my registered webrtc clients.

Would be nice to get some input.

--
Kind Regards
*Karsten Horsmann*

Re: Multiple FreeSWITCH servers behind kamailio-websocket

Savolainen Dmitri-2
webrtc kamailio  for example here https://github.com/havfo/WEBRTC-to-SIP

By the way rtpengine is not mandatory with FreeSwitch. It is possible to use a set of FS(1.6) and balancing by dispatcher module

Hello List,

is there any howto about webrtc loadbalance in combination with kamailio and FreeSWITCH?

I want to share one WSS address/endpoint to multiple FreeSWITCH backends.
Or is there any other best practice?

My callflow is mostly that my internal SIP Servers called my registered webrtc clients.

Would be nice to get some input.

--
Kind Regards
*Karsten Horsmann*

Savolainen Dmitri

Re: Multiple FreeSWITCH servers behind kamailio-websocket

Юрий Горличенко

rtpengine just a proxy. You can use kamailio just a webrtc proxy to freeswitch if want to use FS as backend server that will handle voice and convert it from SRTP to RTP.

websocket just a transport like TCP,UDP and TLS, so you also can send SIP over websocket from kamailio using for example $fs valriable for it. You will need configure needed proto:ip:port to freeswitch for using websocket in dispatcher.

Среда, 7 июня 2017, 21:18 +03:00 от Dmitri Savolainen <[hidden email]>:

webrtc kamailio  for example here https://github.com/havfo/WEBRTC-to-SIP

By the way rtpengine is not mandatory with FreeSwitch. It is possible to use a set of FS(1.6) and balancing by dispatcher module

Hello List,

is there any howto about webrtc loadbalance in combination with kamailio and FreeSWITCH?

I want to share one WSS address/endpoint to multiple FreeSWITCH backends.
Or is there any other best practice?

My callflow is mostly that my internal SIP Servers called my registered webrtc clients.

Would be nice to get some input.

--
Kind Regards
*Karsten Horsmann*

Savolainen Dmitri

Re: [Freeswitch-users] Multiple FreeSWITCH servers behind kamailio-websocket

Joel Serrano
Hi Karsten,

Have you tried with regular Kamailio (w/ dispatcher+websocket+xhttp modules)? I don't see why it wouldn't work...

Joel.

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 4:47 AM, Karsten Horsmann <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello List,

is there any howto about webrtc loadbalance in combination with kamailio and FreeSWITCH?

I want to share one WSS address/endpoint to multiple FreeSWITCH backends.
Or is there any other best practice?

My callflow is mostly that my internal SIP Servers called my registered webrtc clients.

Would be nice to get some input.

--
Kind Regards
*Karsten Horsmann*

http://www.freeswitchsolutions.com

Official FreeSWITCH Sites
http://www.freeswitch.org
http://confluence.freeswitch.org
http://www.cluecon.com

FreeSWITCH-users mailing list
http://www.freeswitch.org

Re: [Freeswitch-users] Multiple FreeSWITCH servers behind kamailio-websocket

Daniel-Constantin Mierla-6
Hello,

that combination of dispatcher+websocket+xhttp modules works just fine...

So to load balance the SIP signaling with Kamailio towards FreeSwitch, just use the dispatcher module as usual. A sample config is available at:

  - https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/dispatcher.html#dispatcher.ex.config

You need to add the support for websocket traffic via websocket module:

  - https://www.kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/websocket.html#idp42826164

or extract from the tutorial linked in a previous email on this thread.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 13.06.17 16:38, Joel Serrano wrote:
[...]

Hello Daniel,

i will try that and hopfully get an working webrtc loadbalancer in the near future with Kamailio and FreeSWITCH :).

[...]

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
*Karsten Horsmann*

Re: Multiple FreeSWITCH servers behind kamailio-websocket

Karsten Horsmann

RTPengine is very Debian depending and I want to avoid running it.

I tried to run RTP engine on my CentOS 6 SBCs. But then I realized that is an too old starting point.  My Freeswitch webrtc  systems run CentOS 7 and in my setup I could handel websocket and srtp stuff.

But in that setup I am limited to one box and here comes Kamailio for the rescue.

Thanks for the links I will read them and try to figure out what kind of setup I can run.

First step is to setup two Freeswitch webrtc boxes (with public ips) and loadblance webrtc signaling to them via Kamailio (hmm to plain SIP then or plain WS).

In this first step it should be only for signaling.

Am 08.06.2017 7:58 vorm. schrieb "Юрий Горличенко" <[hidden email]>:

[...]

On 18.06.17 10:25, Karsten Horsmann wrote:
Hi,

RTPengine is very Debian depending and I want to avoid running it.

if you refer to the kernel module, you can run without it, having rtpengine in the user space like tpproxy. Mayb be slower, but it works. Not sure about dependencies to compile it, but I expect to be everywhere in a main linux distro.

Cheers,
Daniel