Homer confusion ....

Mark Boyce
Hi All

Trying to get a basic version of homer working on Kamailio V5. So far I have sipcapture throwing everything in to a single mysql table.

So first question;  Should I be using sipcapture or siptrace?  I’m not sure I can see the difference.

Second question;  On what I have working so far using sipcapture, I’m seeing the invites, subscribes, cancels, act’s all end up in the database.  What I’m missing is any responses from Kamailio back to the handset (AUTh Challenges etc)

modparam("sipcapture", "db_url", "mysql://sipcapture:secretpassword@localhost/homer_data")
modparam("sipcapture", "capture_on", 1)
modparam("sipcapture", "hep_capture_on", 1)
modparam("sipcapture", "insert_retries", 5)
modparam("sipcapture", "insert_retry_timeout", 10)

plus a sprinkling of  "sip_capture(); “ in the “xxx_route {“ blocks

What am I missing?

Mark

Re: Homer confusion ....

Daniel Tryba-2
On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 12:50:50PM +0100, Mark Boyce wrote:

> Trying to get a basic version of homer working on Kamailio V5. So far I have sipcapture throwing everything in to a single mysql table.
>
> So first question;  Should I be using sipcapture or siptrace?  I’m not sure I can see the difference.
>
> Second question;  On what I have working so far using sipcapture, I’m seeing the invites, subscribes, cancels, act’s all end up in the database.  What I’m missing is any responses from Kamailio back to the handset (AUTh Challenges etc)
>
> modparam("sipcapture", "db_url", "mysql://sipcapture:secretpassword@localhost/homer_data")
> modparam("sipcapture", "capture_on", 1)
> modparam("sipcapture", "hep_capture_on", 1)
> modparam("sipcapture", "insert_retries", 5)
> modparam("sipcapture", "insert_retry_timeout", 10)
>
> plus a sprinkling of  "sip_capture(); “ in the “xxx_route {“ blocks
>
> What am I missing?

siptrace and sipcluster look similar indeed. I'm no expert in this (just
started playing with Homer myself) but inmy mind:
siptrace is used on a client to duplicate SIP messages to a server
running sipcapture (using raw/HEP message)

But since siptrace also has the ability to store in a database and you
can tell siptrace the duplicate all messages with
modparam("siptrace", "trace_mode", 1)
That way you should see all messages in a dialog.

Re: Homer confusion ....

Diego Nadares
Hi Mark,

Maybe you need to put this on your cfg:

onreply_route {
        route(STORE);
        drop;
}

Cheers,

Diego

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 12:50:50PM +0100, Mark Boyce wrote:
> Trying to get a basic version of homer working on Kamailio V5. So far I have sipcapture throwing everything in to a single mysql table.
>
> So first question;  Should I be using sipcapture or siptrace?  I’m not sure I can see the difference.
>
> Second question;  On what I have working so far using sipcapture, I’m seeing the invites, subscribes, cancels, act’s all end up in the database.  What I’m missing is any responses from Kamailio back to the handset (AUTh Challenges etc)
>
> modparam("sipcapture", "db_url", "mysql://sipcapture:secretpassword@localhost/homer_data")
> modparam("sipcapture", "capture_on", 1)
> modparam("sipcapture", "hep_capture_on", 1)
> modparam("sipcapture", "insert_retries", 5)
> modparam("sipcapture", "insert_retry_timeout", 10)
>
> plus a sprinkling of  "sip_capture(); “ in the “xxx_route {“ blocks
>
> What am I missing?

siptrace and sipcluster look similar indeed. I'm no expert in this (just
started playing with Homer myself) but inmy mind:
siptrace is used on a client to duplicate SIP messages to a server
running sipcapture (using raw/HEP message)

But since siptrace also has the ability to store in a database and you
can tell siptrace the duplicate all messages with
modparam("siptrace", "trace_mode", 1)
That way you should see all messages in a dialog.

Re: Homer confusion ....

Mark Boyce
Hi Diego

I current have it in;
        request_route
        branch_route
        onreply_route
        failure_route
        reply_route
        onsend_route

Just to try and catch everything I can.  With a plan to then remove what’s not needed.

Although not seeing any kamailio -> phone traffic.  Feels like there’s something not turned on :-(

Cheers

Mark

Re: Homer confusion ....

David Villasmil
Here's explained very simply:

Basically you just need on the request and on the onreply routes, that's it.
If you're not seeing anything, make sure your config looks something like:

#!ifdef WITH_HOMER
# check IP and port of your capture node
modparam("siptrace", "duplicate_uri", "sip:10.0.0.1:9060")
modparam("siptrace", "hep_mode_on", 1)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_to_database", 0)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_flag", 22)
modparam("siptrace", "trace_on", 1)
#!endif
Hope that helps.

Regards,

David Villasmil
phone: +34669448337

On Fri, Sep 1, 2017 at 3:42 PM, Mark Boyce <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Diego

I current have it in;
        request_route
        branch_route
        onreply_route
        failure_route
        reply_route
        onsend_route

Just to try and catch everything I can.  With a plan to then remove what’s not needed.

Although not seeing any kamailio -> phone traffic.  Feels like there’s something not turned on :-(

Cheers

Mark

Re: Homer confusion ....

Mark Boyce
Hi

Re-reading that again I think I am breaking things by trying to use sipcapture to log to the local db on the same copy of kamailio that phones are connected to.  If I am reading it correctly I actually need to run siptrace on the kamailio copy the phones are connected to which will then send the results over to another copy which runs sipcapture….

Mark

On 1 Sep 2017, at 17:35, David Villasmil <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Sorry i didn't understand anything you said. But it seems you don't quite grasp how it works. Let me try to explain:

There should be 2 parts to this:

1.- Your production kamailio, this one processes your traffic, calls, etc. This kamailio should have sipcapture enabled to send the copies to Home/Kamailio.
2.- There's homer's Kamailaio capture agent, this kamailio doesn't do any actual proxying. It only receives the copies sent to it by your actual production kamailio. It is this Kamailio who inserts the data into the db, but it's al already configured, you don't need to do _anything_ at all.

On Sep 1, 2017 18:57, "Mark Boyce" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

phone: <a href="tel:+34%20669%2044%2083%2037" value="+34669448337" target="_blank">+34669448337