Does Kamailio send BYE if opposite side lost connection?

Does Kamailio send BYE if opposite side lost connection?

Nguyen Tran Nhan
Hi all,
I am working in basic call. I got common cause that opposite side (callee) lost connection and caller still hangging in the call. Is there any message to server to caller in this case?

Thanks,
Nhan

sgy

Re: Does Kamailio send BYE if opposite side lost connection?

sgy
Hi Nhan,

--
Best Regards,
Shengy

At 2017-06-10 12:10:29, "Nguyen Tran Nhan" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
I am working in basic call. I got common cause that opposite side (callee) lost connection and caller still hangging in the call. Is there any message to server to caller in this case?

Thanks,
Nhan

Re: Does Kamailio send BYE if opposite side lost connection?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla-6

Hello,

two options coming in my mind:

1) use dialog module and enable keepalive within the dialog

2) if you use an rtp relay (for nat traversal, etc), then thee were some patches that rtpproxy is sending an xmlrpc command to kamailio, which via dialog module can send a bye. Not sure what is the current status with that patch or if rtpengine has anything similar.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 10.06.17 06:10, Nguyen Tran Nhan wrote:
Hi all,
I am working in basic call. I got common cause that opposite side (callee) lost connection and caller still hangging in the call. Is there any message to server to caller in this case?

Thanks,
Nhan

Daniel-Constantin Mierla

Re: Does Kamailio send BYE if opposite side lost connection?

Nguyen Tran Nhan
Thanks Daniel,
I am using rtpproxy, so I think the patches is good for me. Have you got any information about patch for rtpproxy?

Thanks,
Nhàn

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 10:19 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Abdoul Osséni
Hi,

I think, you can use the following config.

#!define FLT_DLG 9
loadmodule "dialog.so"
# ----- dialog params -----
modparam("dialog", "enable_stats", 1)
modparam("dialog", "dlg_flag", FLT_DLG)
modparam("dialog", "send_bye", 1)
modparam("dialog", "ka_timer", 5)
modparam("dialog", "ka_interval", 30)

route[RELAY] {
        if (is_method("INVITE")) {
                setflag(FLT_DLG);
                dlg_set_property("ka-src");
                dlg_set_property("timeout-noreset");
        }

        dlg_manage();

Regards

Abdoul.

[...]

Abdoul OSSENI
Ingénieur Réseaux et systèmes chez THALES
Co-Fondateur de ON SERVICES
Tél : +33 601 135 167

Re: Does Kamailio send BYE if opposite side lost connection?

Nguyen Tran Nhan
Thank Abdoul,
I use your suggest config and kamailio start now but there is no message when opposite site lost connection.

Thanks,
Nhan

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 2:07 PM, Abdoul Osséni <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

opposite site ie caller or callee ?

here the extract of the dialog documentation:

dlg_set_property(attr)

Set a dialog property - an attribute that enable/disable various behaviours (e.g., sending keep alive requests).

Meaning of the parameters is as follows:

  • attr - name of property. It can be:

    • 'ka-src' - send keep alive OPTION requests to caller
    • 'ka-dst' - send keep alive OPTION requests to callee
    • 'timeout-noreset' - don't reset timeout on in-dialog messages reception

If keep alive is enabled for a dialog, the module will send SIP OPTIONS requests with CSeq lower or equal than last request within dialog, with the scope of detecting if the destination is still in the call. If the keep alive request results in a local timeout or '481 Call Leg/Transaction Does Not Exist', then the dialog is ended from the server.

If 'timeout-noreset' is set, dialog timeout won't be reset upon reception of in-dialog messages (default behavior).

This function can be used from ANY_ROUTE.

Regards