DNS Geo Location Kamailio servers, registration and routing

DNS Geo Location Kamailio servers, registration and routing

Sadeesh Radhakrishnan
We have kamailio servers that do DNS-Geo-Location on different locations, using same domain name.
So the users from a country will be preferred to his nearby server by DNS routing.
Similarly users from different countries will be registering to their nearby kamailio sip servers.
All the servers share a common user location table on database.
Now the users are getting registered fine, with no issue.
We want the users at one location should be able to call user@other-location using the user location contact information.
When we tried, the INVITE is sent on common domain name and that reverse resolves dns to same server and gets a 404 not found.
I need some suggestion / ideas in order to make it happen.

Thanks

Re: DNS Geo Location Kamailio servers, registration and routing

Daniel-Constantin Mierla-6

Hello,

you can try to leverage on socket field from location table in order to route first to the sip server that received the REGISTER.

There is also an alternative to insert a PATH header + msg_apply_changes() before doing save location, then deal with a local loop or do some tests in kamailio.cfg to avoid that.

Cheers,
Daniel

On 09.08.17 10:58, Sadeesh Radhakrishnan wrote:
We have kamailio servers that do DNS-Geo-Location on different locations, using same domain name.
So the users from a country will be preferred to his nearby server by DNS routing.
Similarly users from different countries will be registering to their nearby kamailio sip servers.
All the servers share a common user location table on database.
Now the users are getting registered fine, with no issue.
We want the users at one location should be able to call user@other-location using the user location contact information.
When we tried, the INVITE is sent on common domain name and that reverse resolves dns to same server and gets a 404 not found.
I need some suggestion / ideas in order to make it happen.

Thanks

Daniel-Constantin Mierla