Call drops after 32 seconds with ACK Timeout

Call drops after 32 seconds with ACK Timeout

Микита Нікітенко
Hello! I have server at digital ocean with a floating ip address and I have routed sip traffic to this floating ip. At this server installed kamailio which balancing between freeswitch servers. I have a problem that call drops after 32 seconds with error ACK Timeout.

kamailio sip messages log - https://pastebin.com/wyT3cBbD
freeswitch logs with sip debug - https://pastebin.com/zPysfQkV

I'm struggling for a week and have no idea how to fix it.
Thank you very much.
Mykyta Nikitenko

Re: Call drops after 32 seconds with ACK Timeout

Alex Balashov
Hello Mykyta,

The problem is that the Record-Route header being inserted in your 200
OK [1] is the private IP address of the Kamailio proxy, and this address
is not the address that is used by the outside endpoint to reach the
proxy. So, end-to-end ACKs and other in-dialog requests sent through it
will not reach the proxy and will not be forwarded to the callee.

It seems to me that your server has a 1:1 NAT'd public IP. The idiomatic
solution to this problem from a Kamailio perspective is to take
advantage of the 'advertise' parameter to the 'listen' directive:

https://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/5.0.x/core#listen

If you set it to your public IP, e.g.

   listen=udp:10.17.0.9:5060 advertise x.x.x.x.x:5060

I think things will work better for you. :-)

-- Alex

[1] See line 45 here: https://pastebin.com/wyT3cBbD

On Fri, Sep 01, 2017 at 05:35:08PM +0300, Микита Нікітенко wrote:

> Hello! I have server at digital ocean with a floating ip address and I have
> routed sip traffic to this floating ip. At this server installed kamailio
> which balancing between freeswitch servers. I have a problem that call
> drops after 32 seconds with error ACK Timeout.
>
> kamailio.cfg - https://pastebin.com/x0CL3TEZ
> kamailio sip messages log - https://pastebin.com/wyT3cBbD
> freeswitch logs with sip debug - https://pastebin.com/zPysfQkV
>
> I'm struggling for a week and have no idea how to fix it.
> Thank you very much.
> Mykyta Nikitenko

Tel: +1-706-510-6800 / +1-800-250-5920 (toll-free)

Re: [Freeswitch-users] Fwd: Call drops after 32 seconds with ACK Timeout

Karsten Horsmann
Hi Mykyta,

since you are plain sip without encryption you can see your sip-traffic on the wire,
use sngrep on the kamailio box to figure out whats with the sip-dialogs - it helps a lot.
and if its more an kamailio config problem, it would be better to stay at sr-users@.

Or you can setup an webhomer for debugging.

Kind Regards

Once a call is answered FreeSWITCH sends a 200 OK SIP message to your Kamailio loadbalancer. As per the SIP spec your kamailio box should respond to a 200 OK with an ACK. The FS logs show that it never receives an ACK, and it repeatedly tries sending the 200 OK with no response. After 30 seconds without an ACK FS will assume the call has failed and hangup.

Looking at your Kamailio SIP logs you can see the 200 OKs getting through okay, and no attempt to send an ACK back to FS. I think this indicates an issue with your kamailio.cfg rather than FreeSWITCH.

Sean
www.wirex-precision.co.uk

Hello! I have server at digital ocean with a floating ip address and I have routed sip traffic to this floating ip. At this server installed kamailio which balancing between freeswitch servers. I have a problem that call drops after 32 seconds with error ACK Timeout. Traffic comming throug the kamailio proxy.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
*Karsten Horsmann*